Our guest today is Mike Smith, a show promoter in Milwaukee, WI, and creator of the Days of the Doomed festival. I met Mike when Earthen Grave played the first Days of the Doomed in 2011 and got to know him a bit as he booked us on shows in Milwaukee, Kenosha & Cudahy. Earthen Grave ended up playing the first three DotD festivals. They were all very smooth-running ships and Mike was always a very straight shooter, which is why we’re talking to him.
- Music from Castle (San Francisco), courtesy of Van Records
- About the show – What are we doing here?
- About the host, Jason Muxlow — Who the hell is this guy?
Interview with Mike Smith
- Working with Castle (San Francisco)
- Days of the Doomed Festival
- Announcements for Days of the Doomed V coming in April!
- How the fest got started
- Why he does it
- Planning a festival
- Sound & FOH
- Sponsors & sponsorships
- Working with local businesses
- MHX Radio and live broadcasts
- Booking local shows
- Metal Grill / working with venues
- How to approach a promoter
- How not to approach a promoter
- Working with other promoters
- Milwaukee metal scene
Castle, “Black Widow” from Welcome to the Graveyard (2016, Van Records)